Wesley United Methodist Church
Position: Assistant Financial Secretary
Hours: 3 hours every other week with additional hours as needed
Responsible to: Financial Secretary
Job Summary: Assist the Financial Secretary in his/her duties and to assume those duties when the Financial Secretary is unable to perform them.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Be thoroughly acquainted with all of the procedures and duties of the Financial Secretary
- Assist the Financial Secretary with accounting, posting, depositing, and reporting on a regular basis.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Financial Secretary in his/her absence
- Assume the position of Financial Secretary when it is determined necessary by the Staff Parish Relations Committe
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work accurately with numbers
- Prior bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency in using Wesley’s stewardship database.
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work with other volunteers and committees
- Reasonably flexible schedule
Revised date: 11/24/86, 11/30/19, 12/4/19